I suggest you ...

Restore call logs

If you let people backup the calls log, you should let them restore it as well. seems logical, no?

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sarah WoodhouseSarah Woodhouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In response to Roy, I have 2 use cases for this.
        1 - Sometimes you are called by, or call, numbers that aren't yet saved into your contacts. Restoring your call logs might be the only way to recover these numbers.
        2 - I have a widget on my home screen that shows my top contacts, which is based on text messages and calls. Without my call history, it doesn't show me an accurate set of top contacts anymore.

• Michael R.Michael R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you boast the feature of backing up call logs? There is zero point to that feature if I can't RESTORE them. Hope you enjoy my uploaded call logs, cuz I can't.

• Harsh AggarwalHarsh Aggarwal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to manually restore my calllogs (.csv -> insert into contacts.db), could have saved that time if wavesecure provided call restore

• AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Restoring call logs used to be in WaveSecure but was removed for some reason. Additionally, restoring call logs serves the exact same purpose as restoring SMS; it's backed up data that you do want available to you on your device after you wipe your phone.

• ffrancogiraldezffrancogiraldez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i try loot of ROM and do full wipe data and is was very useful restore call logs too not only sms and contacts

• davizucodavizuco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very useful in case you change your phone, or update the ROM again to have all the historic calls. If you have a business, or something, is very very useful, believe me.

Feedback and Knowledge Base