I suggest you ...

Allow more than 4 tracking operations per day

Software such as Mobile Defense allows for a live view of the phone's location (ie. actually shows it moving live)

There is no such facility in WaveSecure, and with a limit of 4 tracks per day, this is quite an issue if the phone or thief is on the move.

Why can't we have either live tracking or a larger number of tracks each day?

I have a feeling that privacy could be an issue here, but we have to validate our phone number to use the software, so it's evidently our phone being tracked.

And I would hope this is not for cost reasons (ie. the cost of sending the SMS to the phone), since web-based SMS systems are becoming cheaper and cheaper.

I really hope this can get looked at or I might have to move to Mobile Defense, although I prefer WaveSecure

521 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    glasgowguyglasgowguy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very disappointed to hear that Starhub will terminate another service - WaveSecure. I most disppointed was the termination of Starhub My Locator service at early of Year 2012. I like the Starhub My Locator services,Its give a lot of convinence on my job. Starhub terminated My Locator services suddenly caused a lot of inconvinence. Bcos of that i need to look for other telco for help. I very hope Starhub will provide the similar services again....

• iraira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i lose the application...i lose all term of service...because can't be back up anymore so i unregistered and try to register again but is useless...so i lose all my back up data :'( poor me...anyone can help?

• David TroutDavid Trout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I emailed wavesecure near the end of December about the very question of a limitation of 4 tracking requests. They emailed back fairly promptly saying that limitation had been removed about 2 months ago!

In observing the forum for it seems that the administrator does not closely monitor it or comment often. It seems that they want us to email with problems first and one of the main purposes of the is to give place to give a shoutout to fellow users. With that in mind @ Martin with your reported location being so far off it's more than GPS or cell tower access being off in settings. One time I found that Google Maps couldn't give me my true location. What had happened was that an app that used Google Maps had locked it up on it's little project. Forceclosing that other app solved the problem. Looking for apps that use Google Maps ( car locaters etc. ) and closing might prove to be a solution. I hope it helps.

• Martin GreyMartin Grey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A very worth while function.
        last time I checked my phones location (just installed the software and was fiddling with the app) it placed my phone about 10 miles south of it's actual location!
        (in my hand in front of the PC)

It made me wonder and then realise, if it was stolen, It would be open to 'attack' for a lot longer than if it was pin pointed to within a few meters!

• RobbertRobbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you serious?! Won't or even CANNOT buy till this basic issue is fixed. This limit cripples functionality of Wave Secure. Looking into Mobile Defense instead then.

• KaiKai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The knowledgebase states that you can set the tracking to as low as 15 minutes, and it will be tracked for 6 hours - 6 x 4 = 24, so covers an entire day.. Am I missing something here? Maybe things have changed since this was posted - I'd assume that wavesecure would have made mention though (seeing this almost stopped me from buying a subscription)
        I do agree that for the significant price, live tracking should be possible..

• NoodooNoodoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Live Tracking really should be a standard feature.
        I also use InstaMapper as a backup to start Live Tracking if I lose my phone. Obviously, WaveSecure gives all the other features such as LockDown, Wipe, Sim Tracking etc but it is nice to be able to see where my phone *IS*, rather than where it *WAS*.

• JaydenJayden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! We shouldnt pay money for something thats limited as if its free!

• Itai AlmogItai Almog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's no reference to the 4 daily location-requests in the FAQ, or for this matter, anywhere I could find in the WaveSecure website. I had a real situation where I forgot my phone in a taxi and was surprised to find out I need to wait a day before further tracking its current location after 4 requests. Luckily I managed to get hold of the taxi driver and got the phone back. As I pay for the service I would expect a non-limited locating option, or at east a clear indication in the web site that I can only reques 4 location tracks a day, and not only get the note once I can't use the feature anymore!
        This is bad service.

Feedback and Knowledge Base