I suggest you ...

If I lose my phone and the thief formats/hard resets my phone, will WaveSecure still work?

Can I still track my phone and lock/wipe it remotely?

91 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    RoyAdminRoy (Admin, WaveSecure) responded  · 

WaveSecure is a software that is installed on your phone. Just like any other software, WaveSecure is removed from your phone when the phone is hard reset and you cannot perform remote functions.

However, upon hard reset, your data is also erased and cannot get into malicious hands and (hopefully) you have a backup on your data on the server, which you can restore to your new phone

That said, we are working on solutions to make WaveSecure hard reset proof, when it is part of the ROM. We have released a version of the Android application that will persist the activation state, lock state, users’ PIN etc and the phone can be tracked even after the hard reset.

We are working on developing this for other platforms. For information on how the hard reset proofing works, visit our blog at http://blog.tencube.com

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Abhishek SinghAbhishek Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an excellent point to think about. This should be considered as High Priority rather than any other suggestions. If the thief is smart enough to perform any of these steps of SOFT/HARD reset without even inserting the SIM then none of the other ideas will work like clicking photo of the person while entering the PIN. How would that work if there is no WaveSecure app installed ? I agree with 'informale' too but most of the thieves might not be able to do so. Mostly, a person would try to format/reset the phone as this is the most common thing a person knows about mobile phones.

• ashok.soniashok.soni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great if you provide an option to remotely factory reset the handset along with Wipe out MMC and Mass memory both.. :D

Feedback and Knowledge Base