I suggest you ...

Allow WaveSecure backup the Android Settings, APN Settings, Dictionary and Alarms.

261 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • aliali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi i jast buy last week from china Android M003.and when i want came to thailand .in immegertion in china i put M003 for past axry .and afther i came to
        thailand i want usd when i try trun on .on disply came this:( sorry! the process
        anndroid .process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.please try again.)i can not usd.can u please help me thanks

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't even care about being able to restore settings to a different model. I'd just like the ability to be able to restore to the same model phone should I drop it in a swimming pool or wheat thrasher and get a replacement.

• davizucodavizuco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it´s not possible for different devices (you are right when you say that manufacturers are tweaking the phone operating system) what about making it possible for the same device?.
        I think its better to have the posibility of recovering that kind of data to no chance.
        Anyway, i think it´s interesting to have the possibility of backing up the data of a original Android platform (whithout any kind of tweaks).

• RoyAdminRoy (Admin, WaveSecure) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should you expect to be able to restore your settings to another Android phone or just the same phone?

Although the biggest use for this feature is when you change to another Android phone, to do this well for cross-phone backup and restore is going to be a HUGE pain, especially since every manufacturer has decided to muck around and tweak small little things in each phone - which makes testing and ensuring quality a nightmare.

• AngelAngel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very useful in case you lose the phone (or someone stole it).
        Sime time ago i lost my phone and a app with this feature would have been good.
        I had to reconfigure all in my new hero again,

• davizucodavizuco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, WIFI Settings, Sounds, Bluetooth settings, Wallpaper, Android browser bookmarks....
        Perhaps its not very important but i think it could be usefull.

Feedback and Knowledge Base