I suggest you ...

Have a boot up lock

There are people who might want to return the phone or people who are intimidated by the lock and might return it.
The boot up lock should come in before anything else loads like a bios lock. This should have the current user's info & alternate contact details to make the phn returnable.
What happens if someone reboots into factory settings?

224 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sunnysuryasunnysurya shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  RoyAdminRoy (Admin, WaveSecure) responded  · 

Doing it like a BIOS is near impossible on commercial phones since apps don’t have access to that kind of functionality.

However, what we CAN do is to have the phone lock when it starts up. Currently we only have the option to automatically lock when the SIM is changed. We could add this as a setting. Pls vote it up if you think it should be implemented.

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • xandr00xandr00 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would just like to see wavesecure lock up my phone upon the boot of the device prompting the user to enter the PIN. When I put the phone to sleep I do not want wavesecure to re-enable that lock when I wake it back up, only on device boot. I voted 3 times, thank you for looking into this issue.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have forgot my password. i have changed my sim card after a long time. now the phone is not accepting my earlier sim card as well. what to do??/ its giving alarm on both sims,, new and old. why?

• Mark MMark M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only reason i bought this program was for phone tracking 20 dollars later and GPS testing your tracking is off by half a kilometer my phone is outside tracking circle are you planning on updating the location detection!!!

• Angel DiazAngel Diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

but since there is an app unistall thing would this bypass the way the whole goes... so if i reset my phone there is no security?

• SanSan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this option to lock on startup also, I thought it was default in this app, after experimenting a while in my Milestone I noticed that it was not available.

• ashok.soniashok.soni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First I would like to reply to Roy.. that there should be an option to lock the phone whenever we want to, either by selecting or by sending an sms to that no..

And Prashst.,
        Wavesecure shouldnt be in ROM to stop users doing a factory reset, just give an option to block "#" key and the option in settings to do a manual factory reset.., that way only the authorized user would have the access to first disable these settings from Wavesecure settings and then he can do a factory reset..

• CLCRADIOCLCRADIO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once again, if this was made into a system app, then problem solved - factory reset would NOT alter it.

• prashastAdminprashast (Admin, WaveSecure) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, when a phone is reset to factory settings all user installed applications are removed. To prevent this from happening WaveSecure will have to be the part of the firmware / ROM.

• sunnysuryasunnysurya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the comments Roy, what about the answer to the second question. What if someone boots in to factory settings?
        Does Wave secure still capture it?
        Surya

Feedback and Knowledge Base