I suggest you ...

Local Time Zone and Date format

One additional feature we can have in this application, for setting up local time zone, the times shown on website are not in sync with the local timezone of the cell phone. This may prove problematic to submit the evidence to Police, if required.

We can have a feature of setting up time zone of cellphone on the website, so that the logs shown on website are in the same time zone.

87 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    viren_chavanviren_chavan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  RoyAdminRoy (Admin, WaveSecure) responded  · 

The time zone currently shown on our server is GMT -5 hours. We realize that most of our users are not in that time zone so it makes sense to show local time zone for each user :)

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NismotoNismoto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, there seems to be multiple time zones used when reporting times on the website.

For example, the times reported on the lock page (https://www.wavesecure.com/member/Lock.aspx) seem to be GMT+8, that's a 15 hour time difference from me in CA, USA. However, the Last Tracked times on the location page (https://www.wavesecure.com/member/Location.aspx) seem to be something like GMT-6, which is only a 2 hour time difference for me.

• glasgowguyglasgowguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe the poster is referring to the tracking logs, as I have noticed an issue with regard to this. I am in Britain, and therefore use GMT+0 as a timezone, with a DD/MM/YYYY format. I appreciate that this is merely a cosmetic change, but that it could be quite difficult to implement.

Certainly, it would be good to be able to view tracking operations with GMT time and/or local time. For example, I'm sure police would understand a report saying 'location at 0100 GMT was xyz', since most people know their time zone wrt. GMT, but may not know how different they are from PST or another zone.

• RoyAdminRoy (Admin, WaveSecure) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An additional enhancement we are planning due to confusion regarding date formats: the date format will be shown to you based on your locale. For example your date will shown in MM/DD/YYYY format in your are from the US

Feedback and Knowledge Base