I suggest you ...

Autobackup for Android

Currently there is no way for users to set their data to automatically back up to the server (like our other platforms). The users should be able to choose between hourly, daily and weekly autobackup.

124 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RoyAdminRoy (Admin, WaveSecure) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  RoyAdminRoy (Admin, WaveSecure) responded  · 

The chief concern is performance during the autobackup. We’ve started on this and we’re investigating the performance hit over the next few weeks.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kyle BonelloKyle Bonello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the autobackup for android is really not good!! not good at all!! so, an autobackup takes place when you go to charge your mobile...BUT your mobile goes to sleep after a few seconds...so it goes to sleep and the wifi gets disconnected THUS the backup says it completed but it didn't!!! It's very misleading! Wavesecure should do something about it asap! Suggestion: make it so when autobackup is taking place...the phone is charging but doesnt go to sleep. when its completed...the phone can go to sleep like always....

• Kevin GabbertKevin Gabbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Mozy for my PC and it lets me set the speed of the autobackup. Heck, if it ran silently in the background xferring a KB per 30 minutes it would be worth it.. It would eventually catch up.. You could also allow the user to tweak the settings so they could determine how much of a perf hit to take. Perhaps the user wants it to back up at certain hours of the day/night, or when the phone is idle.. -- of course it would stop immediately in the case of a phone call, alarm, SMS, or user starts interacting with their phone..

Feedback and Knowledge Base